Legal notice / Disclaimer
The information provided on this website has been carefully checked and updated regularly. A liability or guarantee for the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the information and data provided is excluded. This also applies to all other directly or indirectly listed websites, which are referred to by means of a hyperlink. Vagamundo Hostel is not responsible for the content of such websites that are reached with these links.
We are very pleased about your interest in our company. Data protection is of particular importance for the management of Vagamundo Hostel. Use of the Vagamundo Hostel website is basically possible without any personal data. If a service of the company, such as a booking or similar, is accessed via the website, personal data is required for processing.
Use and disclosure of personal data
Insofar as the user of our website has provided personal data, we use these only to answer inquiries from the user of the website and / or customers, to process with the user of the website and / or customers of contracts concluded and for the technical administration. Personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties if this is necessary for the purpose of contract execution or for billing purposes or if the user has previously consented to the website and / or customer. The user of the website and / or customer has the right to revoke a given consent with effect for the future at any time. The deletion of the stored personal data takes place when the user of the website and / or customer revokes the consent to the storage, if their knowledge is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which they were stored or if their storage is inadmissible for other legal reasons. Data for billing purposes and accounting purposes are not affected by a request for cancellation.
Collection of general data and information
The website of Vagamundo Hostel (https://vagamundohostel.com/) collects a series of general data and information each time the website is accessed by an affected person or an automated system. This general data and information is stored in the log files of the server. The (1) browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system accesses our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-web pages, which can be accessed via (5) the date and time of access to the website, (6) an Internet Protocol (IP) address, (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system and (8) other similar data and information used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using this general data and information, Vagamundo Hostel does not draw any conclusions about the person concerned. Rather, this information is required to (1) correctly deliver the contents of our website, (2) to optimize the content of our website and to advertise it, (3) to ensure the continued functioning of our information technology systems and the technology of our website, and ( 4) to provide law enforcement authorities with the necessary information for prosecution in case of a cyberattack. This anonymously collected data and information is therefore statistically and further evaluated by Vagamundo Hostel with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in our company in order to ultimately ensure the best possible level of protection for the personal data processed by us. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by an affected person.
Routine deletion and blocking of personal data
The controller processes and stores personal data of the data subject only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage or, if so required by the European directives and regulations or any other legislator in laws or regulations, that of the controller subject to was provided.
If the storage purpose is omitted or if a storage period prescribed by the European directives and regulations or any other relevant legislature expires, the personal data will be routinely blocked or deleted in accordance with the statutory provisions.
Rights of the data subject
a) Right to confirmation
Each data subject has the right, as granted by the European Di- rective and Regulatory Authority, to require the controller to confirm whether personal data relating to him / her are being processed. If an affected person wishes to exercise this right of confirmation, they can contact an employee of the controller at any time.
b) Right to information
Any person affected by the processing of personal data shall have the right granted by the European legislature and the legislature at any time to obtain free information from the controller on the personal data stored about him and a copy of that information. In addition, the European legislator and regulator has provided the data subject with the following information:
The processing purposes
the categories of personal data being processed
the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been disclosed or are still being disclosed, in particular to recipients in third countries or to international organizations
if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data are stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining that duration, the right of rectification or erasure of personal data concerning them or restriction of processing by the controller or a right of objection to such processing the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: all available information on the origin of the data the existence of automated decision-making including profiling pursuant to Article 22 paragraphs 1 and 4 DS- GMOs and, at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the data subject
Furthermore, the data subject has a right of access as to whether personal data has been transmitted to a third country or to an international organization. If this is the case, then the data subject has the right to obtain information about the appropriate guarantees in connection with the transfer.
If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right to information, he may, at any time, contact an employee of the controller.
c) Right to rectification
Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right granted by the European legislator to demand the immediate correction of inaccurate personal data concerning him. Furthermore, the data subject has the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary declaration, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
If an affected person wishes to exercise this right of rectification, they may, at any time, contact an employee of the controller.
d) Right to cancellation (right to be forgotten)
Any person affected by the processing of personal data shall have the right granted by the European Directives and Regulators to require the controller to immediately delete the personal data concerning him, provided that one of the following reasons is satisfied and the processing is not required:
The personal data has been collected for such purposes or otherwise processed for which they are no longer necessary.
The person concerned revokes the consent on which the processing was based on Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR or Article 9 (2) (a) of the GDPR and lacks any other legal basis for the processing.
According to Art. 21 (1) DS-GVO, the data subject objects to the processing and there are no legitimate reasons for the processing, or the data subject objects according to Art. 21 (2) DS-GVO Processing.
The personal data was processed unlawfully.
The deletion of personal data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation under Union or national law, to which the controller is subject.
The personal data were collected in relation to information society services offered in accordance with Art. 8 para. 1 DS-GVO.
If one of the above reasons is correct and an affected person wishes to arrange for the deletion of personal data stored at Vagamundo HostelVagamundo Hostel, they may at any time contact an employee of the controller. The employee of Vagamundo Hostel will arrange that the request for deletion be fulfilled immediately.
If the personal data have been made public by Vagamundo Hostel and if our company is responsible for deleting personal data as the person responsible pursuant to Art. 17 para. 1 DS-GVO, Vagamundo Hostel takes appropriate measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs also of a technical nature, to inform other data controllers processing the personal data published that the data subject of these other data controllers has deleted all links to such personal data or copies or replications thereof personal data, unless the processing is required. The employee of Vagamundo Hostel will arrange the necessary in individual cases.
e) Right to restriction of processing
Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right granted by the European directive and regulatory authority to require the controller to restrict the processing if one of the following conditions applies:
The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject for a period of time that enables the person responsible to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
The processing is unlawful, the data subject refuses to delete the personal data and instead requests the restriction of the use of personal data.
The controller no longer needs the personal data for processing purposes, but the data subject needs them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
The person concerned has objection to the processing acc. Art. 21 para. 1 DS-GVO and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh those of the person concerned.
If one of the above-mentioned conditions exists and an affected person wishes to request the restriction of personal data stored by Vagamundo Hostel, they can contact an employee of the controller at any time. The employee of Vagamundo Hostel will initiate the restriction of processing.
f) Data transferability
Any person affected by the processing of personal data shall have the right granted by the European Di- rective and Regulatory Authority to receive the personal data concerning him / her provided to a controller by the data subject in a structured, common and machine-readable format. It also has the right to transmit this data to another person responsible without hindrance by the controller to whom the personal data was provided, provided that the processing is based on the consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR or Art. 9 para 2 (a) of the GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR and processing by means of automated procedures, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task of public interest or in the exercise of official authority, which has been assigned to the controller.
Furthermore, in exercising their right to data portability under Article 20 (1) of the GDPR, the data subject has the right to obtain that the personal data is transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible and if so this does not affect the rights and freedoms of others.
To assert the right to data portability, the data subject may at any time contact an employee of Vagamundo Hostel.
g) Right to object
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data shall have the right conferred by the European directive and regulatory authority at any time, for reasons arising from its particular situation, against the processing of personal data relating to it pursuant to Article 6 (1) (e) or f DS-GVO takes an objection. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
Vagamundo Hostel will no longer process the personal data in the event of an objection, unless we can prove that there are compelling reasons for processing which exceed the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or Defense of legal claims.
If Vagamundo Hostel processes personal data in order to operate direct mail, the data subject has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for the purpose of such advertising. This also applies to the profiling, as far as it is associated with such direct mail. If the data subject objects to Vagamundo Hostel for the purposes of direct advertising, Vagamundo Hostel will no longer process the personal data for these purposes.
In addition, the data subject has the right, for reasons that arise from their particular situation, against the processing of personal data relating to them, which at Vagamundo Hostel for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes pursuant to Art. 89 para. 1 DS GMOs to object, unless such processing is necessary to fulfill a public interest task.
To exercise the right to object, the data subject can directly contact any employee of Vagamundo Hostel or another employee. The data subject is also free, in the context of the use of information society services, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58 / EC, to exercise his right of opposition by means of automated procedures using technical specifications.
h) Automated decisions in individual cases including profiling
Any person concerned with the processing of personal data shall have the right granted by the European directive and regulatory authority not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has a legal effect on it or, in a similar manner, significantly affects it; unless the decision (1) is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between the data subject and the controller, or (2) permitted by Union or Member State legislation to which the controller is subject, and that legislation provides for appropriate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms and the legitimate interests of the data subject; or (3) with the express consent of the data subject.
If the decision (1) is required for the conclusion or performance of a contract between the person concerned and the person responsible or (2) it takes place with the express consent of the data subject, Vagamundo Hostel shall take appropriate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms as well as the legitimate interests of the data subject, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person by the controller, to express his / her own position and to contest the decision.
If the data subject wishes to rely on automated decision-making rights, they may, at any time, contact an employee of the controller.
i) Right to revoke a data protection consent
Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulatory authority, to revoke consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
If the data subject wishes to assert their right to withdraw consent, they may, at any time, contact an employee of the controller.
Data protection in applications and in the application process
The controller collects and processes the personal data of applicants for the purpose of processing the application process. The processing can also be done electronically. This is particularly the case if an applicant submits corresponding application documents to the controller by electronic means, for example by e-mail or via a web form available on the website. If the controller concludes a contract of employment with an applicant, the data transmitted will be stored for the purposes of the employment relationship in accordance with the law. If no employment contract is concluded with the candidate by the controller, the application documents will be automatically deleted two months after the announcement of the rejection decision, unless deletion precludes other legitimate interests of the controller. Other legitimate interest in this sense, for example, a burden of proof in a procedure under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG).
The controller has integrated components of the company Facebook on this website. Facebook is a social network.
A social network is an Internet-based social meeting place, an online community that usually allows users to communicate with each other and interact in virtual space. A social network can serve as a platform for sharing views and experiences, or allows the Internet community to provide personal or business information. Facebook allows social network users to create private profiles, upload photos and socialize via friend requests.
The operating company of Facebook is Facebook, Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA. The person responsible for the processing of personal data, if an affected person lives outside the US or Canada, is Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Each time one of the individual pages of this website, which is operated by the controller and on which a Facebook component (Facebook plug-in) is integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the person concerned is automatically activated by the respective Facebook Component causes a representation of the Facebook Facebook component to download. An overview of all Facebook plug-ins can be found at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/?locale=en_US. As part of this technical process, Facebook receives information about which specific subpage of our website is visited by the person concerned.
If the person concerned is simultaneously logged in to Facebook, Facebook recognizes with each visit to our website by the data subject and during the entire duration of the respective stay on our website, which specific underside of our website visited the person concerned. This information is collected through the Facebook component and assigned by Facebook to the respective Facebook account of the data subject. If the person concerned activates one of the Facebook buttons integrated on our website, for example the «Like» button, or if the person concerned makes a comment, Facebook assigns this information to the personal Facebook user account of the person concerned and saves this personal data ,
Facebook always receives information via the Facebook component that the data subject has visited our website if the data subject is simultaneously logged in to Facebook at the time of access to our website; this takes place regardless of whether the person concerned clicks on the Facebook component or not. If such a transfer of this information to Facebook is not wanted by the person concerned, it can prevent the transfer by logging out of their Facebook account before calling our website.
The data policy published by Facebook, which is available at https://de-de.facebook.com/about/privacy/, provides information on the collection, processing and use of personal data by Facebook. It also explains which options Facebook offers to protect the privacy of the data subject. In addition, different applications are available, which make it possible to suppress data transmission to Facebook. Such applications can be used by the data subject to suppress data transmission to Facebook.
Legal basis of processing
Art. 6 I lit. A DS-GMO serves our company as the legal basis for processing operations in which we obtain consent for a particular processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfill a contract of which the data subject is a party, as is the case, for example, in processing operations necessary for the supply of goods or the provision of any other service or consideration, processing shall be based on Art. 6 I lit. b DS-GMO. The same applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures, for example in the case of inquiries about our products or services. If our company is subject to a legal obligation which requires the processing of personal data, such as the fulfillment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6 I lit. c DS-GMO. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may be required to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person. This would be the case, for example, if a visitor to our premises were injured and his or her name, age, health insurance or other vital information would have to be passed on to a doctor, hospital or other third party. Then the processing would be based on Art. 6 I lit. d DS GMOs are based. Ultimately, processing operations could be based on Art. 6 I lit. f DS GMOs are based. Processing operations that are not covered by any of the above legal bases are based on this legal basis if processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, unless the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the person concerned prevail. Such processing operations are particularly permitted because they have been specifically mentioned by the European legislator. In that regard, it considered that a legitimate interest could be assumed if the data subject is a customer of the controller (recital 47, second sentence, DS-BER).
Qualified interests in the processing being pursued by the controller or a third party
Is the processing of personal data based on Article 6 I lit. f DS-GMO is our legitimate interest in conducting our business for the benefit of all of our employees and our shareholders.
Duration for which the personal data is stored
The criterion for the duration of the storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After the deadline, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, if they are no longer required to fulfill the contract or to initiate a contract.
Legal or contractual provisions for the provision of personal data; Necessity for the conclusion of the contract; Obligation of the data subject to provide the personal data; possible consequences of non-provision
We clarify that the provision of personal information is in part required by law (such as tax regulations) or may result from contractual arrangements (such as details of the contractor). Occasionally it may be necessary for a contract to be concluded that an affected person provides us with personal data that must subsequently be processed by us. For example, the data subject is required to provide us with personal information when our company concludes a contract with her. Failure to provide the personal data would mean that the contract with the person concerned could not be closed. Prior to any personal data being provided by the person concerned, the person concerned must contact one of our employees.
Our employee will inform the individual on a case-by-case basis whether the provision of the personal data is required by law or contract or required for the conclusion of the contract, whether there is an obligation to provide the personal data, and what would have resulted from the failure to provide the personal data.
Existence of automated decision-making
As a responsible company, we refrain from automatic decision-making or profiling.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. («Google»). Google Analytics uses so-called «cookies», text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for website operators and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or as far as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will never associate your IP address with other Google data. You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; However, please be aware that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
We have activated the function IP anonymization on this website. As a result, your IP address will be truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transmission to the United States. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics within the framework of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website in full. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Demographic features in Google Analytics
This website uses the demographics feature of Google Analytics. As a result, reports can be produced that contain information on the age, gender and interests of the site visitors. These data are from interest-based advertising from Google and from third-party visitor data. This data can not be assigned to a specific person. You can disable this feature at any time through the ad settings in your Google Account, or generally prohibit the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described in the section «Opposition to data collection».
Google Ad Presets:
Settings of the Network Advertising Initiative:
a) personal data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter the «data subject»). A natural person is considered to be identifiable who, directly or indirectly, in particular by association with an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more special features, expresses the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of this natural person can be identified.
b) the person concerned
Affected person is any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data is processed by the controller.
Processing means any process or series of operations related to personal data, such as collecting, capturing, organizing, organizing, storing, adapting or modifying, reading out, querying, using, with or without the aid of automated procedures; disclosure through submission, dissemination or any other form of provision, reconciliation or association, restriction, erasure or destruction.
d) Restriction of processing
Restriction of the processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim to limit their future processing.
Profiling is any type of automated processing of personal data that involves the use of such personal information to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular aspects relating to job performance, economic situation, health, personal To analyze or predict preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, whereabouts, or relocation of that natural person.
Pseudonymisation is the processing of personal data in such a way that personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the need for additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separate and subject to technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data not assigned to an identified or identifiable natural person.
(g) controller or controller
The controller or controller is the natural or legal person, public authority, body or body that, alone or in concert with others, decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data. Where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union law or the law of the Member States, the controller or the specific criteria for his designation may be provided for under Union or national law.
A processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, body or body that processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Recipient is a natural or legal person, agency, agency or other entity to whom Personal Data is disclosed, whether or not it is a third party. However, authorities which may receive personal data under Union or national law in connection with a particular mission are not considered to be beneficiaries.
j) third parties
Third is a natural or legal person, public authority, body or body other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and the persons authorized under the direct responsibility of the controller or processor to process the personal data.
Consent is any expression of will voluntarily and unambiguously made by the data subject in the form of a statement or other unambiguous confirmatory act expressing to the data subject that they consent to the processing of the personal data concerning them is.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE Vagamundo Hostel FOR HOSTING AND EVENTS (FEBRUAR 2020)
1. These terms and conditions apply to all contracts for
2. rental of accommodation and sleeping accommodation for temporary accommodation, as well as all other services and supplies provided to the customer by Vagamundo Hostel (hereinafter referred to as «Hotel»; the term hostel is also used to refer to hotels, holiday flats, apartments, etc. of Vagamundo Hostel). The term «contract» includes and supersedes the following terms: hotel / hostel reception, host accommodation, lodging, hotel / hostel and hotel / hostel room contract. The term «customer» is uniform for guest, customer, tenant, organizer, intermediary etc.
3. rental of additional premises, such as Function rooms, co-working areas, communal kitchens, group rooms of each hostel for conducting events of any kind, meetings, gatherings, exhibitions and presentations, etc. as well as other services and supplies provided to the client by the hostel.
4. Customer’s terms and conditions apply only if previously agreed in writing; In addition, the present conditions apply exclusively.
5. The subletting or re-letting of the provided rooms / beds and their use for purposes other than accommodation require the prior consent of the respective hostel in text form.
II. Conclusion of the contract, partners
1. The contract is concluded by the acceptance of the request of the customer by the hostel. Acceptance will be done by booking confirmation from the hostel. The booking confirmation can be in text form. If the payment or authorization of the form of payment fails when booked through the website of the hostel (https://vagamundohostel.com/), no booking will be made. A contract is not concluded in this case.
2. Contractual partner is the respective hostel and the customer. If a third party contributes the booking to the hostel for the customer, the latter is liable to the hostel together with the customer as joint debtor for the obligations arising from the contract, provided the hostel has received a corresponding declaration from the third party. Regardless of this, the third party is obliged to pass on all contractually relevant information and these General Terms and Conditions to the customer.
3. Bookings may only be made by persons with unlimited legal capacity.
4. If a customer makes several bookings for individual travelers for the same period according to section IV paragraph 1.1, although the booking of a group travel according to section IV paragraph 1.2 would also be possible, the hostel is free to combine the bookings as a group booking and according to the corresponding rules to treat.
5. The current house rules will also be part of the contract. The house rules can be downloaded from the website of Vagamundo Hostel (https://vagamundohostel.com/) and viewed there or at the hostel.
III. Services, prices, payments, offsetting, fees
1. The hostel is obliged to keep the rooms and beds booked by the customer available and to provide the agreed services.
2. If there is an important reason, especially if accommodation in the reserved hostel is not possible, the respective hostel is entitled to place the customer for the booked price in another hostel of comparable facilities and services, without any recourse claims being made to the hostel.
3. The customer is obliged to pay the agreed or valid prices of the hostel for the room / bed rental and the other services booked or used by him. This also applies to services provided by the customer and expenses of the hostel to third parties.
4. Each hostel does not accept 500-euro bills and payments by check to fulfill the customer’s obligation to pay.
5. The agreed prices include the taxes and local charges applicable at the time the contract was concluded. If the VAT or the local taxes increase, the hostel can also adjust the contractually agreed price to the increase. The same applies to the introduction or increase of taxes and levies directly related to accommodation.
6. It is possible that a city where a Vagamundo Hostel is located charges a local tax (City Tax). This is automatically charged to the room rate and is to be borne by the customer. Certain groups of people are exempt. The exemptions can be taken from the statutes of the city. The respective hostel is proof of appropriate exemptions on arrival Otherwise, the local tax (City Tax) will be charged.
7. Prices may be changed by the hostel if the customer subsequently wishes to change the number or category of booked rooms, beds, other services of the hostel or length of stay and agrees to the hostel accordingly.
8. Each hostel is entitled to demand a reasonable advance payment or security deposit upon conclusion of the contract. The amount of the advance payment, the type of guarantee and the payment dates can be contractually agreed in writing.
9. In justified cases, eg. For example, in the event of existing customer arrears or an extension of the scope of the contract, the hostel is entitled to demand an advance payment or security deposit within the meaning of clause 8 above or an increase of the contractually agreed advance payment or security deposit up to the amount of the agreed compensation.
10. The customer can only set off or reduce the claim against a claim of the hostel with an undisputed or legally binding claim.
11. The total price minus any advance payments already made, unless otherwise agreed, must be paid at the latest upon arrival during check-in.
12. Each hostel is further entitled to demand from the customer, at the beginning and during the stay, a reasonable advance payment or security for existing or future claims under the contract, if such has not already been provided in accordance with the preceding paragraphs.
13. In the case of chargebacks, possible bank charges and costs are to be reimbursed by the customer to the hostel.
14. Invoices of the hostels are due for payment immediately upon receipt by the customer without deductions. The customer will be in default at the latest 14 days after receipt of an invoice, provided that he makes no payment. In case of late payment, the hostel is entitled to demand the applicable statutory default interest. The hostel reserves the right to prove higher damages. For each reminder after default, the hostel can also charge a reasonable reminder fee.
15. Acceptance and selection of credit cards are optional to the hostel in each individual case of presenting a credit card. And even if the basic acceptance of credit cards is displayed by posters in the hostel. The receipt of checks, credit cards and other means of payment otherwise takes place on account of fulfillment.
IV. Rescission of the customer (cancellation, cancellation), non-use of the booked services of Vagamundo Hostel
1. Each hostel grants the customer a right of withdrawal under the following conditions:
1.1 Individual travelers:
a) Bookings in private rooms (single / double rooms or shared rooms) either under 12 persons or under 6 room units are treated as individual travelers, unless an individual accommodation contract with separate booking conditions has been concluded with the respective hostel.
b) Unless otherwise agreed, free cancellations are possible until 6 pm (local time of the hostel) on the day of arrival.
c) Notwithstanding the above provisions, bookings offered with the words «non-refundable» can not be canceled or changed without charge. A refund in the event of cancellation is therefore not possible, the deduction for expenses saved is already included in the price.
d) If a booking with the status «Guaranteed Booking» (hereinafter referred to as «Guaranteed Booking») is made, a cancellation on the day of arrival after 6 pm or if the service is not used will result in a cancellation fee of 90 per cent of the contracted accommodation price of the booked total stay, provided that not otherwise agreed.
e) The customer is free to prove that the aforementioned claim has not arisen or not in the required amount.
f) For reservations made by third parties (such as tour operators), the cancellation conditions valid there apply.
a) Bookings in the private room (single / double rooms or shared rooms) either from 6 room units or from 12 persons are recorded as group travelers on «basis of private rooms».
b) Bookings for more than 12 people in a shared room with or without a companion room are recorded as group travelers on a «basis of shared rooms» basis.
c) The applicable cancellation periods, terms of payment and cancellation fees result from the respective concluded contracts between customer and hostel.
d) These periods also apply if the contract was concluded within the respective cancellation period.
e) Booked meals can be canceled according to the agreed conditions according to the contract concluded between customer and hostel. After the agreed cancellation deadlines, a cancellation fee of 100 percent of the agreed price will be charged.
f) Vagamundo Hostel recommend the customer to take out travel cancellation insurance.
g) The exercise of the customer’s right of withdrawal must be in writing, e.g. by email, fax or letter and requires the reconfirmation of the hostel. If this is not done, the hostel can assert claims that have been made by the maintenance of the contract.
V. Resignation of the hostel
1. In the same period, if the customer can withdraw from the contract free of charge within the agreed period, the hostel is entitled to withdraw from the contract if there are inquiries from other customers about the contractually booked room / bed and the customer does not demand this at the request of the hostel waived his right of withdrawal.
2. If a pre-payment or security deposit agreed or demanded in accordance with Section III paragraphs 8, 9 and 12 is not made even after the expiry of a reasonable grace period set by the hostel, the hostel is entitled to withdraw from the contract.
3. Furthermore, the hostel is entitled to withdraw from the contract for a materially justified reason, in particular in the event that – force majeure or other circumstances for which the hostel is not responsible make the fulfillment of the contract impossible; – A release of the rooms / beds due to official order is not possible; – Rooms / beds or rooms are booked under misleading or false information or concealment of material facts; in this case, the identity of the customer, the solvency or the purpose of the stay may be essential; – The hostel has good reason to believe that using the hostel service may endanger the smooth operation, security or reputation of Vagamundo Hostel in public, without this being attributable to the domination or organization of the hostels.
4. If the booked room is unavailable, the hostel reserves the right to rebook the customer in another accomodation within the same city, taking into account the booked accommodation standard, and to inform the customer in a timely manner. In this case, the customer receives the right to withdraw from the contract free of charge.
5. The justified resignation of the hostel does not constitute a claim of the customer for damages.
VI. Room preparation, – Handover and return, other provisions for the stay
1. The customer does not claim to be provided certain rooms, unless the hostel has confirmed the provision of selected rooms / beds in writing.
2. For group bookings based on shared rooms, the hostel determines the room layout according to the number of beds.
3. Booked rooms / beds are available to the customer from 15.00 on the agreed arrival day. The customer is not entitled to an earlier provision. Subject to availability, the hostel will allow early check-in.
4. Booked rooms / beds are to be used by the customer until 6 pm on the agreed day of arrival (check-in). Unless there is a guaranteed booking guaranteed by a prepayment or security deposit, the hostel has the right to re-book rooms after 6pm without the customer being able to claim compensation therefrom. With regard to the remuneration claim of the hostel, the provisions in accordance with the preceding section IV apply.
5. On the agreed departure day, rooms / beds must be vacated and made available to groups at 10.00 am at the latest – for individual travelers: 11.00 am. In case of a late departure booked in advance, the time of return of the vacated room / bed will be extended to 14.00 on the day of departure.
In the event of a later return of the room / bed, the hostel can charge 100% of the full daily rate for the contractually exceeding use of the room / bed (valid online price at https://vagamundohostel.com/) as a usage fee, provided that this is the case the return of the room on the day of departure after 14.00 o’clock takes place. When returning the room / bed between 11:00 and 14:00, 50% of the full daily rate will be charged as usage fee. Contractual claims of the customer are not justified by this. The customer is at liberty to prove to the hostel that no or significantly lower entitlement to the user fee has been incurred.
6. For groups of 12 persons or more based on shared rooms, the hostel must hand over a list of all participants with their full name, date of birth and gender before handing over the booked room (s).
7. A claim to accommodation of guests does not exist, if the total number of the arriving persons exceeds the contractually agreed number of persons.
8. Persons under the age of 18 years are not allowed to stay in a shared room (Dorm), which can be booked individually by different guests. In private rooms, underage persons may only stay overnight in the company of at least one guardian or with the consent of a guardian including a copy of the identity card of the respective person. Group travelers accompanied by a person of legal age authorized by the legal guardian are excluded from this regulation.
9. Animals must always be registered in advance in each hostel. The accommodation of animals can be refused in individual cases. The accommodation of animals or large noise-producing medical equipment can only be done in private rooms. In the communal kitchens, pets are not allowed.
10. The hostels offer for each guest a maximum of 14 nights in a shared room within four weeks. A longer stay can be denied.
11. When booking a breakfast, the customer will be served breakfast after the overnight stay. When booking half or full board, the first meal will be served on the day of arrival. Different agreements are possible. The meal times are agreed at the latest on arrival of the customer or the group with the hostel.
VII. Liability and statute of limitations
1. The customer is liable for intentional or negligent caused inventory damage or gross contamination. In the case of a group occupancy in a shared room, the booker (s) of the group booking are jointly and severally liable for damage in the shared room if the person responsible can not be determined with reasonable effort.
2. The hostel is liable with the care of a proper merchant for obligations under the contract. Customer claims for compensation are excluded. Excluded from this are damages resulting from injury to life, limb or health, freedom and sexual self-determination, if the hostel is responsible for the breach of duty, other damages that are based on intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty of the hostel and damages on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of contract-typical duties of the hostel. A breach of duty of the hostel is equal to that of a legal representative or vicarious agent. Further claims for damages are excluded unless otherwise stipulated below.
3. The hostel reserves the right to request a deposit of up to EUR 500.00 per booking upon arrival or during the stay, which will be refunded on departure provided the hostel has not suffered any damage caused by the client or the group or gross impurities. Damages or costs for the removal of gross impurities, which exceed the amount of the deposit, are to be paid on the spot or will be charged later, if the hostel incurs costs for e.g. Fire brigade or other rescue operations will be charged by third parties. The latter also applies to damages and gross impurities, which are determined only after departure of the customer or the group.
4. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all areas of the hostel. In case of breach, the hostel charges a fee of 300.00 EUR. The same applies to the manipulation of smoke detectors or the unauthorized opening of emergency doors. The hostel reserves the right to claim higher damages if you a fire brigade is charged or a fire caused by unauthorized smoking has caused damage to the property of the hostel.
5. For things brought in the hostel is liable to the customer in accordance with the statutory provisions of §§ 701 ff. BGB at most up to the amount of EUR 3,500.00. For money, securities and valuables, EUR 3,500.00 will be replaced by EUR 800.00.
6. Insofar as the customer is provided with a parking space in their own garage or on their own parking space, also for a fee, no custody agreement is concluded. In the event of loss or damage to motor vehicles parked or parked on the property and their contents, the hostel shall only be liable in accordance with clause 2 above). In this case, the damage must be made at the latest when leaving the property opposite the hostel.
7. Messages, mail and merchandise for customers are treated with care. The hostel will take over the delivery, storage and – on request – for reimbursement of the same and on request also the forwarding of lost property. The hostel is entitled to hand over the aforementioned items to the local lost property office after a one-month retention period at the latest, subject to a reasonable fee.
8. Claims for damages of the customer become statute-barred after two years from the date on which the customer gains knowledge of the damage, or at the latest after three years from the time of the damaging event, irrespective of this knowledge. Excluded from this is the liability of the hostel for damages resulting from injury to life, limb or health as well as for other damages that are based on an intentional and grossly negligent breach of duty of the hostel, a legal representative or vicarious agent of the hostel. Here the statutory limitation period applies.
9. Improper use of rooms, beds and galleries is strictly prohibited. The hostel accepts no liability for any damage or injury resulting from the improper use of bunk beds, in some cases staircases of the galleries or the galleries themselves.
VIII. Right of refusal / right of reference
1. The hostel is entitled to deny access to the hostel and accommodation to a customer if there is a reasonable concern on the customer’s arrival that the customer is under the influence of drugs, alcohol or is dissatisfied with hostel staff or other customers. The hostel is entitled to expel a client from the hostel and terminate the existing contract without notice if he repeatedly disturbs the peace, harassed, insulted or palpable other customers or the hostel staff.
IX. Final Provisions, Dispute Resolution, Jurisdiction
1. Changes or additions to the contract, the acceptance of the application or these general terms and conditions take place in text form. Unilateral changes or additions by the customer are invalid.
2. The place of fulfillment and payment in commercial transactions is the domicile of the respective hostel
3. In commercial traffic is – also for check disputes – exclusive place of jurisdiction, the city of Berlin. If a contractual partner does not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany, the place of jurisdiction shall be the corporate seat of Vagamundo Hostel.
4. German law applies. The application of the UN sales law and conflict of laws is excluded.
5. Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions for the hostel admission be or become invalid or void, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In addition, the statutory provisions apply.